Friday, November 2, 2007

Removing Carpet is Hard to Do

I didn’t think it would be this hard. Removing the carpet from the Big Rolling Turd has been a difficult and trying experience. I finally got the carpet up in the bedroom and I’m working on the front of the RV now. Rather than being tacked down in the front, the carpet is glued directly to the plywood sub-floor. I’m hoping that the going is a little easier and quicker once I get into the living area of the RV.

I plan on having all of the carpet out of the RV by tomorrow. I need to get it done so I can start moving our stuff into storage. We are just 17 days away from hitting the road and we still have a ton of things to do. Kim and I are working on a schedule for the next 17 days to make sure that we don’t forget to do something.

I’m also thinking about tweaking our itinerary a bit. After we leave Illinois after Thanksgiving, we are supposed to go to a state park in Bardstown, KY where we will have easy access to both Lexington and Louisville. However, we only have time to stay there for a couple of days before we are scheduled to be in the Nashville area for a few days. Rather than rushing through both areas, I think we’ll skip Kentucky and spend an entire week in Nashville. We have friends in the area and we want to make sure we have plenty of time to visit with them.

This is going to be a hellacious couple of weeks. I’ll be happy when we’re finally on the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.