Monday, November 12, 2007

What's Love Got To Do With It?

It happens all of the time, yet it never ceases to amaze me when you try to do something out of the ordinary (like a cross-country RV trip) and friends and family are only too eager to tell you that you are making a big mistake. I’m sure that on some level, the rejection of your idea (whatever it may be) is based out of love and concern, but it never seems to come across that way.

I look at these things differently. My first reaction is always to be supportive and to offer any help I can. If someone wants to do something that I think is a mistake, I don’t assume that my few moments of thought should outweigh and override the considerable consideration that the other person has given the idea. I just want to see people get what they desire and if it is possible, I want to help them get it.

Okay, enough of that. In other news, Roger and I replaced the two broken springs on the hydraulic leveling jacks this morning. It was not an easy task and there’s no way I could have done it without Roger’s help. We also went and filled up the propane tank. In case you were wondering, our propane tank holds 16 gallons.

The next task is to take the Big Rolling Turd to have the new flooring installed. The laminate flooring was in stock at the carpet place and the carpet we ordered is supposed to arrive today. I was hoping to take the Turd to Seland’s (the carpet store) today, but Tim at Seland’s hasn’t called me back to let me know if I should bring it up today or tomorrow. The one potential hold up is that Tim’s brother, Mark is going to install the flooring. Mark is also the funeral director in Coon Valley, so if anyone died in Coon Valley over the weekend, our flooring job may be delayed. Such is life in a small town.

We are debating whether or not to buy a tow dolly to tow our van behind the RV. There is one for sale on EBay right now that is located over near Milwaukee. It’s exactly the type of tow dolly that we need and it is a heck of a lot less expensive than what it would cost to put a transmission fluid pump and brake buddy on the van (about $4,000), but it’s not as convenient as towing the van with all four wheels on the ground. The auction is over in about three-and-a-half hours, so we need to make up out minds pretty quick.

No comments: