Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What A Difference A Day Makes

Today was a better day. The weather was the same as yesterday (cold & windy), but I got a lot more done.

The day started off with Habit for Humanity arriving to pick up some furniture that we donated to them. It was good to get the stuff out of the basement and it is good to know that the furniture is going to an organization that can really use it. Another good thing is that I’m not going to have to move it into storage :-)

After Habitat for Humanity left, I got busy painting the sub-floor of the RV. Generally speaking, I am not a good painter because I am not patient enough to be careful. Even so, the painting went well. As Johnny Bench used to say in the old Rustoleum commercials, “No runs, no drips, no errors.”

Kim thinks we should put a second coat of paint on the floor just to make sure that the dog pee smell doesn’t return. I don’t want to do it, but I think she is right. So tomorrow, I’ll be adding another coat of Kilz to the RV. As long as we have everything out of the Big Rolling Turd, we might as well get it done now.

Another new development is that we are thinking about replacing the linoleum that is in the RV. It covers the kitchen and bathroom areas. The linoleum was in relatively good shape when we got the RV, but somehow we’ve gotten a couple of small rips in it. Since the linoleum is faded and dated anyway, and since we’ll have the floor guys in there already to replace the carpet, I guess it makes sense to get the job done now.

We’re thinking about putting in either more linoleum or a floating wood laminate floor. At the moment, we don’t know what we’ll be looking at for cost, so we’re not sure which direction we’re going to go. My guess is that we’ll choose to do whatever is cheaper.

Because I’ll be painting again tomorrow, I’ll be getting another day behind on moving things into storage. We only have a week-and-a-half to go, so I really need to get busy on that. Hopefully, tomorrow will be the last day I’ll be tied up with the RV and then I’ll be able to turn my attention to moving out of the house.

T-minus 12 days and counting. . .

No comments: