Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We're Not Done Yet

The day dawned gray and windy. At least it was a little warmer today than it was yesterday, but it still wasn’t very nice. Even so, we had to head out early to get the rest of our stuff moved into storage.

Shelby and I made four trips to the office, three of those with a rented U-Haul trailer. We also made two trips to Roger’s to drop of the lawn tractor, lawn mower, snow blower, and the yard cart. Even so, we still have more stuff to move.

Tomorrow was supposed to be loose ends day. In fact, I had hoped we could tie up all of the loose ends by noon and then hit the road in the afternoon. But now it is going to end up a moving more stuff and loose ends day. And that means we won’t be leaving until Friday.

If I was uptight and wanted to stick to a schedule, then this might bother me. But since I’m a relaxed, easy-going guy just taking life as it comes, then I’m not bothered in the least.

Yeah, right. . .

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Hi Lou,

I have really enjoyed reading your blog daily. You have a great writing style! It is amazing how much there is to get done before you leave. I want to wish you a safe, fun and memorable adventure. What a fantastic opportunity! I don't know much about these blogs, but I sure hope you can save these for the kids to read when they become adults. That's when they will truly understand what their fantastic parents did for them!
Take care, my friend and keep up the great writing!
Nancy