Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Big Decision

Our lives are shaped in large part by the decisions we make. Like a rock being thrown into a pond, the ripples flow outward and affect the pond far from where the rock entered the water. Decisions that we made five or ten years ago have led us to the point now where we are going cross-country in an RV. I hope that the decision to take the RV trip will have a positive impact on all of us, but particularly the kids, in the years to come.

I know that’s kind of deep thinking from a relatively shallow guy like me, but that’s what I was thinking about this morning as I laid in bed unable to sleep. Getting the RV ready, moving everything into storage and making all of the plans for our trip consume our time and efforts, but my biggest concern is how the trip will affect everyone in our family. Obviously, I think it is going to have a positive impact, otherwise we wouldn’t be doing it. Even so, I can’t help but be concerned.

2 comments:

Paul B said...

Lou,

Take a break from all the madness that is your life right now and checkout my entry on Ken's blog.

Paul

KenJ said...

May I say, Bodie, well said.