Sunday, November 4, 2007

Carpet Removal is Done

HALLELUJAH!

The carpet is all out of the Big Rolling Turd. The job was much more difficult than I expected and the carpet was much more filthy and disgusting than you can imagine. But the carpet is out of the RV and I’m very happy.

Unfortunately, the job took its toll on Kim and me. Last night Kim had a headache from breathing in all of the crap that we stirred up by tearing out the carpet. I’m having the same problem today. My sinuses feel like their full of dust.

I was supposed to be painting the sub-floor with Kilz today, but that chore is looking like it may have to wait until tomorrow. We have very few days (just 16) left until we start our great adventure. I hate to waste even one day, but unless my headache improves, I think I’ll be staying in the house today.

I need to give a couple of shout outs today. First, there’s no way I could have gotten the carpet all done yesterday without Kim’s help. Thank you, Kim. We make a good team.

Also, a huge thank you to Roger for helping me winterize the Big Rolling Turd last night. I wasn’t sure how to do it and the temperatures in our area have been below freezing at night, so I really needed Roger’s help. To make Roger’s help even more appreciated is the fact that he had just started combining about 200 acres of corn last night, and he still found time to come over and help. Thanks, Rog!

No comments: