Saturday, November 24, 2007

We're Back

We just got back from Kim’s parents where we spent Thanksgiving. It was good seeing everyone, but I kept thinking about all of the work that needs to be done when we get home. Of course, the preoccupation didn’t keep me from eating.

We had a great Thanksgiving meal at Kim’s parents house. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and all of the other trimmings. After dinner, a bunch of Kim’s relatives stopped by and brought dessert. We had a bunch of different desserts and they all looked good. I only sampled three (pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie, pecan pie) and they were all good. The next day I tried Kim’s Mom’s carrot cake (it was also good), but I didn’t have room for it on Thanksgiving.

On the way to Kim’s parents we stopped and visited my brother Mike. Mike and his friend Steve developed a pizza sauce that Mike has bragged about for years. I finally had to try it. We went to Steve’s restaurant/bar, Opie’s Bar & Grill in Wedron., IL, to give the pizza a try. In an upcoming post, I’ll review the pizza.

On Friday night we had pizza at Davis Bros. Pizza in East Peoria, IL. I’ll review the pizza in an upcoming post, but for now I’ll say that it is one of the most unusual pizzas I’ve ever had.

Time for bed now. Tomorrow we have to get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lou- Davis Brothers is disgusting! The urban legend for years was that they use dog food in their pizza- I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but even as a native, I would NEVER eat there- I'm surprised Kim did. The old location was the dirtiest tavern you've ever seen- I didn't even know they were still in business!