Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Of Tow Dollies and Untimely Deaths

The news for today: We bought a tow dolly and someone died in Coon Valley.

To elaborate, we decided to bid on a tow dolly on EBay last night. Using a tow dolly to tow our van behind the Big Rolling Turd isn’t a perfect option, but it is cheaper than the other options. So we bid on the tow dolly and we got it. I’m going over tomorrow to West Bend, WI to pick it up. The pictures and description look good, so I think we made the right move.

As I explained in yesterday’s post, the person installing the new flooring in our RV is also a funeral director. The family owns a funeral home and a flooring store. Unfortunately, someone in Coon Valley died, so the funeral director is tied up until Thursday. I’m going to take the RV over to them tomorrow (Wednesday) night and they’re going to install the flooring on Thursday and Friday. That pushes our schedule back a little bit, but we should be okay.

Kim and I went over and got a bunch of empty boxes from the Agri-Center today. The van was completely full. I hope we got enough because we really don’t have time to go back and get more.

I finally tore down the plastic shelving in the garage and basement today. I’ve been avoiding this for over a week, but when I finally started doing it, it only took about an hour. Sometimes the anticipation of doing something is worse than actually doing it.

Tomorrow is going to be a fairly big day. First thing in the morning we’re going to have a meeting at the office to finalize how things are going to work in our absence. Then I’m going to take off to get the tow dolly. When I get home, we’re going to have to take the RV up to Coon Valley. It should be a full day.

By the way, Sarasota Steve dropped by to read the blog. Steve has Mote Marine as a Google Alert and when I mentioned in a previous post that we would be visiting Mote while we are in Sarasota, Steve was alerted. Thanks for stopping by, Steve. Don't be a stranger.

No comments: