Monday, October 29, 2007

Demolition Man

The demolition of The Big Rolling Turd started today. I removed two of the three captains chairs and the sofa from the RV. I also removed the overhead vent covers which were filthy. The intake filters for the two A/C units were so dirty, I don’t know how they worked. Both A/C units should be much happier now.

I started to remove the carpet from the rear bedroom, but I had trouble removing the pedestal that the mattress sits on. At this point, one screw is holding me up. I’m going to have to drill out the screw tomorrow and then remove the pedestal so I can get the carpet out in one piece.

I’ve also run into a problem ordering the springs for the leveling jacks. I’m going to have to run over to the RV dealer (about 45 minutes away) tomorrow to have them measure the spring that broke off one of the rear jacks.

In the next day or two, we need to make a decision on what carpet we are going to get and who we are going to have install the carpet. Apparently, installing carpet in an RV is a bit of a specialty and not just any carpet installer can do it. We’ve gotten one quote, but we made the mistake of picking out carpet that is too expensive. Now we have to go back to pick out more affordable carpet.

We are scheduled to leave in just three weeks. My gosh, I don’t know how we are going to get everything done, but well find a way. We have to.

No comments: