Sunday, December 2, 2007

Trapped!

We’ve been trapped in our empty house for about 31 hours now. Last night the kids stayed at the neighbor’s house. It was a good thing because there is nowhere here to sit and there is nothing to do. Like most kids, they have to be entertained constantly, so they wouldn’t have liked it here last night.

Kim and I had a relaxing night last night. Even so, I sure could use a chair. We have one mattress left in the house that will be our mattress in the RV. Thankfully, we hadn’t moved it into the RV, so at least we have a place to sleep.

The snow plow came by early this morning to clear our street. Then the guy from C&C Landscaping showed up around noon to clear the drive. We were finally able to leave the house. I wanted to drive over to La Crosse just to kill some time, but Kim said “no.” The roads are still too slick. At least she was able to get up to the store to get us food for tonight.

Our plan for the outlet on the RV now is to re-wire a 6 pole large outlet in place of the current outlet. Then we’ll be able to plug the tow dolly directly into the RV with no adapter. This task is a little beyond my ability, but Roger says he can do it. Unfortunately, he has been tied up all day today trying to get his tractor started and then moving some hay bales. It’s dark now and I don’t know if he still plans on installing the outlet tonight or in the morning.

In a way, I guess it doesn’t really matter. I sometimes forget that we have lots of time. We’re not on a tight schedule and we don’t have to leave at a certain time.

Tonight, Kim is making chicken, a couple of turkey legs, mashed potatoes and gravy. I had suggested frozen pizza, but I guess her plan will work too.

Tomorrow should be our big day. I’m still excited, but my excitement is now tempered with the knowledge of everything that can and has gone wrong to delay the start of our trip. Rather than being hellbent to get started, I’m now focused more on just having a safe, wonderful trip. That’s what I’ll be praying for tonight.

No comments: