Sunday, December 9, 2007

Today Was a Good Day


Today turned out to be a pretty good day. After a rainy morning, the skies cleared up and the temperature got up into the 70’s; unheard of for Middle Tennessee. In the afternoon, Jerry, Caryl, and the kids came over to see our new home. They hadn’t planned on staying long, but we ended up starting a fire and cooking hot dogs and s’mores for everyone, and we all made a night of it. It was great fun.

Tomorrow, I think we are finally going to make it over to the stones River National Battlefield. The weather hasn’t been cooperating up until now, but we should have some decent weather tomorrow.

By the way, today was my 48th birthday. It’s hard for me to believe I am that old. I still feel like a teenager (except for the occasional ache or pain). Sitting around a fire visiting with family and friends was a great way to spend my birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and we had a great time camping out around the fire with you guys. the park ranger, aka johnny-on-the-spot, wants to know when you'll be returning!

Jerry H. said...

. . . and if you'll have any beer.