Friday, December 7, 2007

Our Wi-Fi Nightmare Is Over

Hallelujah! I’m logged on to the Internet.

It took some work, but I’m finally logged on to a wi-fi system. Let’s hope I don’t have any more problems with this on the trip (wishful thinking).

We didn’t get as much done yesterday as I had hoped. Our electrical problems took up some of my time and then we had a small plumbing problem. As a result, we didn’t get over to Stones River Civil War Battlefield. I’m not sure we’re going to go today either because it is raining.

We ended up going to Opry Mills yesterday. It is basically a big mall, but with some stores and attractions you don’t find in other malls. For instance, our first stop was at the Gibson Showcase. It is part of the Gibson Guitar Company. They do the finally assembly of banjos at this facility. They also sell guitars and have a live music club in the store. Very cool.

We also went to Bass Pro Shop. All I needed was a pair of shoe laces, but it was fun looking at all of the other stuff too.

Afterwards, we walked over to the Opryland Resort & Convention Center to see the Christmas decorations. Unbelievable. I can’t imagine the kind of money they spend to decorate. Shelby said, “Dad, I don’t want to make too big of a deal out of this, but I am totally blown away.” It was that good.

With any luck, Kim and I are going to meet up with Jerry and Caryl Holthaus tonight to go see Jonell Mosser at 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville. Mosser is supposed to be great in concert, so I’m excited to see her. The kids will be staying at the Holthaus’ with a babysitter, and they get to watch TV and play video games, something they’ve missed horribly this week. Unfortunately, Caryl has been sick, so our plans are still up in the air.

4 comments:

Paul B said...

Glad to see that you were able to leave the state. I would check the weather over the top of the RV though, it seems you must have a big black cloud following you with everything that has gone wrong so far. Hope your luck improves!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lou!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day.

Love ya,
Richard

Anonymous said...

Would love to hear Kim's comments/thoughts on your trip...Sounds like a $$ pit to me!

KenJ said...

Happy Birthday, Bubba!!! Day late and a dollar short, as usual.